Welcome to the West Nipissing Fire and Emergency Service website.
We have 9 stations in the Municipality of West Nipissing. These stations are served by a compliment of 95 dedicated paid on call firefighters.
In the event of an emergency, I take pride in the capabilities of our highly skilled force. Their commitment to training and employment of our specialized equipment allows them to respond to almost any situation they are presented. The strength of our service truly comes from the people that dedicate their time. Our firefighters are your neighbours, friends and families.
Through utilization of the three lines of defence (Public Education, Fire Safety Standards and Enforcement, and Emergency Response) we teach our community how to be fire safe, ensure facilities are meeting minimum Code requirements, and attend calls for service when the need arises.
Our service aims to educate the public to assist with their safety. While the responsibility to keep families safe within the home ultimately lies with each resident, we are here to make that easier.
I have the privilege of leading this great team as we remain dedicated to the community and committed to the pursuit of its continued safety.
The firefighters respond to requests from the public for:
- Public education in schools, senior homes and day care
- Fire extinguisher training for industries and public buildings
- Annual fire prevention week
- Fire prevention inspection in residential, institutional, industrial and public buildings upon complaints or requests
- Community emergency plan participation
- Fire safety plan support
- Basic firefighting – no expected rescue components
- Fire attack & limited internal rescue in accordance with the Service’s level of training, standard operating guidelines, Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and the number and type or personnel and equipment available to the service and on each specific emergency response
- Structural firefighting including rescue
- Vehicle firefighting
- Marine firefighting
- Water access only properties such as islands will receive limited fire suppression services due to travel time and limited personnel
- Ice & Water Rescue Level I shore base, Level II water entry and Level III boat
- Wild land fires (grass, brush and forest fires)
- Motor Vehicle collisions
- Auto extrication
- Transportation incidents involving vehicles, trains, aircraft and watercraft
- Hazardous materials response (awareness level only)
- Smoke Alarms
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Medical Assist
- First Aid / CPR / AED (Defibrillator)
- Public assistance
- Ambulance assistance
- Police assistance
- Public Utilities Assistance
- Automatic Aid
- Mutual Aid
Stations across West Nipissing
225 Holditch Street, Suite 104 – Sturgeon Falls
118 Cache bay Road – Sturgeon Falls
552 Crystal Falls Road – Crystal Falls
1377 Tomiko Road – Crystal Falls
110 Morin Street – Field
28 St-Joseph Road – River Valley
13 Principale Street West – Verner
10578 Highway 64 – Lavigne
7198 Highway 64 – North Monetville
13 Waterfront Drive – Cache Bay