Setting off Consumer (Family) Fireworks
Anyone wishing to set off or discharge Consumer (Family) fireworks shall follow these guidelines:
No person shall:
- Sell, offer to sell, give away without charge or distribute fireworks to any person under the age of 18 years.
No person shall discharge any family fireworks or permit any other person to discharge family fireworks unless the person:
- is at least 18 years of age
- discharges the family fireworks between dusk and 11 o’clock in the evening
- is an owner of the land on which the discharge of the family fireworks occurs; if not, you must have a signed permission from the building/property owner, and
- ensures that all reasonable safety procedures are followed to prevent harm to persons and to property
Despite subsection 5. 2) a) an owner of land which family fireworks are being discharged may permit a person under the age of 18 years to discharge family fireworks provided that the minor in under direct and constant supervision and control of a person who is at least 18 years of age.
The use of sparklers is not considered as fireworks.
Any person who wishes to obtain an Exhibition Permit to hold a display shall apply in writing to the Fire Chief, no later that one week prior to the date of the proposed display.
Refer to the Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing By-Law 2011/47 for the permit application guidelines.
For more information, visit the Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing By-Law 2011/47 being a by-law to regulate the sale and use of fireworks in the Municipality of West Nipissing
For more safety tips: https://youtu.be/hbM3zZ4VAe8